The 1st Chile TEFL International Conference on Teaching English as a Foreign Language provides a forum to address the issues that TEFL practitioners face in the changing globalized world. Research into applied linguistics and TEFL highlights a tension between two trends: globalization and technology. All of these developments are taking place in the context of rapid changes in digital media and communication technologies. These tensions and changes require a response that emerges both from state-of-the-art applied linguistic research in TFEL and the insights of dedicated practitioners. Our aim for this conference is to bring together the TEFL community in Chile so that we can work together to forge a common response to the challenges we face, a response that draws on both research and praxis. CANCELLED!
The organizing committee invites proposals on any aspect of applied linguistics and TEFL in Chile and its neighboring countries. Abstracts on the following topics are especially welcome:
- Language planning
- Methodologies and teaching approaches
- Curriculum and syllabus design
- Materials design
- Assessment and evaluation
- English for academic/specific purposes
- Teacher education and professional development
- Digital literacies/language learning and technology/multimodality
- Teaching younger learners
- Teaching adults
- Working with special needs students
- Paper presentation: a 30-minute oral presentation (25 minutes for an oral presentation and 5 minutes for Q&A.
- Poster presentation: a 60-minute session. Poster presenters must provide a poster of approximately 841 x 1189 mm or 33.1 x 66.8 in) to be displayed in a provided area. The presenters present at a designated time and discuss their work with conference participants.
All presentations are to be given in English.
- January 1, 2020– July 31, 2020: Abstract Submission
- August 17-31, 2020: Notification of Acceptance
- September 1 – 30, 2020: Early-bird Registration
- October, 2019: Regular Registration
- October 14 – 15, 2020: The Conference
How to contact us